Saturday 23 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop!

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at The Paperback Princesses. She asks:

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"


Yes, yes, yes! I do tend to become a bit author-obsessed if I find one I love! I certainly try and read all their books, but not necessarily one after another as even the most amazing authors can become a bit samey after a while. It does happen that I fall out of love with an author as their writing progresses and changes though - Patricia Cornwell is a perfect example here. I read her early books obsessively, paying out for hardbacks as soon as they were published, but her last 4 or 5 books have not grabbed me in the same way.

I think my newest discovery/obsession will be Mo Hayder. I have just finished reading Birdman (thanks Ellie!) and am now hunting down the next in the series!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked Birdman! I do buy her books as soon as they're out in paperback, I don't think there's too long a wait between releases with her so I haven't been tempted by the hardbacks...yet!

    I'm with you on Patricia Cornwell, probably the only series I've truly given up on so far.

    ReplyDelete