Wednesday 27 April 2011

Ugh ...

Hmmm ... I seem to be choosing the wrong books lately! Another 1* read came in the form of The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas.


I'm finding it difficult to think of anything nice to say about this one! What a horrible bunch of characters. I think I'll just leave it there!

What made it even more disappointing was that it was my first read on my brand sparkling new KINDLE!!! Oh my, I never expected to love this gadget as much as I do! I'm sure I won't ever give up "tree" books completely, but I can definitely see me using the Kindle more than I thought I would! I do miss seeing the nice pretty book covers, but I think I can live without them ...

3 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly about this book. OH read an article where the author did say that this was what the people of Oz were like. I'm sure they're not that bad collectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this, my first on the kindle was

    http://smbslt.blogspot.com/2011/04/blood-that-bonds-by-christopher.html

    Its free on amazon (vampires) totally loved it and no 2 is out this year http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Blood-That-Bonds/dp/B002R5B0WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1303928205&sr=1-1-spell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 1*? I was looking forward to reading this! Oh well, maybe I won't get to it quite so quickly now!

    As for loving the Kindle, I completely agree, I adore mine and, like you, was not expecting to love it so much! I still buy paper books but I now buy Kindle books too... It's probably actually made my book buying habit much worse!

    ReplyDelete